I liked the practical side of this article from someone well versed in using technology. The cautions to offer a balance for students so they are not overwhelmed by the blogging experience resonate with me as a learner. When I am asked to demonstrate learning in the same manner over the course of a term, I too tend to not respond as positively at the end of the term as I did in the beginning. I think this holds true no matter what tool we are using to help our students learn whether it be the latest technology or our favorite tried and true method of instruction.
Dawson, K. M. (2007). Blog Overload. Chronicle Of Higher Education, 53(22), C2-C3.
Again! The pressure is on the instructor. I could say that will eat up my Saturday, which it will, but I'm really enjoying these readings. Once we're a group, and we're still missing a couple of classmates, this flows so easily. We'll get more into technology later this next week after we used the basic page to get to know each other and what professionals think about blogging.
ReplyDelete